Kevin C. Gage
Kevin C. Gage grew up in Washington. He excelled in college attending first Washington State University and then the University of Washington where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa with a B.A. in Classical Greek.
Mr. Gage received his J.D. degree from Willamette University Law School in 1981. In that same year he entered private practice, working for a firm that specialized in Divorce and Family Law. In 1984, Mr. Gage began the solo practice of law, limiting his practice exclusively to Family Law.
Mr. Gage is co-author of "Property Rights and Division," chapter 6 of the Oregon State Bar Publication "Dissolution Practice." He has authored other articles relating to Domestic Relations topics and has served as a speaker at Domestic Relations conferences.
Mr. Gage is a member of the Marion County Bar Association and a member of the Domestic Relations Section of the Oregon State Bar. As a member of the Domestic Relations Section, Mr. Gage has served on the Executive Committee and on the Legislation Committee.
Serving as an Arbitrator in domestic relations cases is a part of Mr. Gage's practice.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Custody & Visitation
- Settlement of Marital Estates (Including Complex Property Issues)
- Child Support
- Spousal Support (Alimony)
- Grandparents Rights
- Interstate & International Issues
- Modification of Support & Custody Orders
- Domestic Partnerships
- Oregon, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1981
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1981
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1976
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Classical Greek
- Property Rights and Division (Co-Author), Oregon CLE, 1990
- Property Rights and Division Supplement (Co-Author), Oregon CLE, 1997, 2004
- Property Rights and Division, Revision (Co-Author), Oregon CLE, 2002
- Property Rights and Division, Revision (Co-Author), Oregon CLE, 2008
- In re Marriage of Moe, 66 Or. App. 947, 676 P.2d 336 (1984)
- In re Marriage of Bond, 63 Or. App. 865, 666P.2d 861 (1983)
- In re Marriage of Swartz, 114 Or. App. 437, 833 P.2d 355 (1992)
- In re Marriage of Ury, 109 Or. App. 702, 820 P.2d 472 (1991)
- In re Marriage of Ferris, 85 Or. App. 555, 737 P.2d 153 (1987)
- In re Marriage of Coleman, 71 Or. App. 313, 692 P.2d 129 (1984)
- In re Marriage of Nickerson, 63 Or. App. 854, 666 P.2d 868 (1984)
- In re Marriage of Vogel, 68 Or. App. 79, 680 P.2d 710 (1984)
- In re Marriage of Nickerson, 68 Or. App. 288, 680 P.2d 1012 (1984)
- In re Marriage of Nickerson, 296 Or. 516, 678 P.2d 730 (1984)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oregon State Bar, Family Law Section, Member
- Marion County Bar Association, Member